As a rebate recipient of the District’s Drive Clean in the San Joaquin Program, applicant commits to the following by signing this Certifications form:
- Applicant shall retain ownership and maintain insurance (as required by CA state law) of the new vehicle for
a minimum of 30 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Applicant must
immediately notify the District in writing if the following occurs within this 30-month period:
In each of these instances, the District reserves the right to recoup all or a pro-rated amount of the original rebate
amount from the applicant and/or pursue any other legal actions deemed appropriate.
- Applicant intends to re-sale or return the vehicle to a dealer. Re-sale of the vehicle or returning it to a dealer
within this 30-month period is allowed if necessitated by unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances AND only
if applicant has been provided approval by the District. However, resale of the program-funded vehicle for
financial gain within 30 months of purchasing or leasing the vehicle is not allowed. Applicant shall notify the
District prior to re-selling or returning the vehicle.
- Vehicle is deemed a total loss due to an accident or vandalism.
- Applicant intends to relocate residency and current registration of the new vehicle outside District boundries.
- Applicant authorizes the District to periodically confirm the new vehicle’s DMV registration and other pertinent
information utilizing the District’s computerized connection to the California DMV registration database.
- Applicant shall submit two consecutive annual reports (on District form) which shall commence approximately
one year from the purchase or lease date of the new vehicle. Annual reports will require basic applicant
documentation of mileage, and general comments on the new vehicle’s performance and any related
By signing this Certifications section, I hereby certify that all the information provided in the rebate packet, including
any attachments, are true and correct; and I have read and understand the Rebate guidelines and
will comply with its requirements. I also understand that the District does not endorse, or is not in partnership with
any vehicle manufacturer or dealership and any such issues arising from the purchase or lease of the new vehicle is
between the applicant and the manufacturer or dealership.