This program provides rebates to residents within the San Joaquin Valley Air District for the purchase or lease of an eligible new, clean vehicle. Click here for a list of eligible vehicles. For more information, please contact staff at 559-230-5800 or email@example.com. A complete packet must be submitted for rebate consideration. Rebates will be issued pending availability of funds. Submission of an application DOES NOT GUARANTEE a rebate will be issued. The eligibility of your application is at the sole discretion of the District.
Rebate Program Requirements
Applicant must be an individual, business, non-profit, or government entity that resides or is based within District
boundaries currently AND at the time the new vehicle was purchased or leased.
- Boundaries include these counties: San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, and the valley portion of Kern.
- Applicant must have purchased or leased the new vehicle within 18 months prior to the date the application is submitted. The vehicle must be on the District’s list of eligible vehicles on the date of purchase or lease.
The purchase or lease agreement must be for a minimum of 30 months and identify the vehicle as “New” a defined by the California Department of Motor Vehicles to be eligible.
- For floor models or test drive vehicles not previously registered with the California DMV, please contact the District for additional information prior to the purchase of the vehicle.
- The new vehicle must be registered with the DMV within District boundaries currently AND at the time the new vehicle was purchased or leased.
- Applicant must insure the new vehicle as required by California State law.
- Applicant must retain ownership of the new vehicle for a minimum of 30 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date.
Process & Checklist
- Purchase or lease an eligible new vehicle.
Submit a COMPLETE rebate packet to the District, it must include:
- Completed and signed Rebate Application and Certifications section.
Copy of the purchase agreement or lease agreement.
- Signed by all parties with an itemization of credits, discounts, and incentives received, if applicable.
Copy of proof of current insurance for the new vehicle.
- Applicant’s name and vehicle identification number (VIN) must be identified on the document.
- Copy of temporary or permanent registration for the new vehicle.
Proof that resident or business resides within the District:
- For individuals, copy of a current utility or cable billing statement within the last 3 months, or other documentation
approved by the District. ( A California driver’s license is not an acceptable proof of residency).
- For businesses or non-profit agencies, a copy of the formation document filed with the California Secretary of State, or other documentation approved by the District. (Which provides proof that the business or agency is based within the SJVAPCD boundaries).
Receive YOUR rebate!
The District will issue a rebate approximately 60 working days following receipt and verification of a complete rebate packet. Rebate amounts as indicated on the purchase or lease agreement are listed on the eligible vehicle list. If the new vehicle was purchased, the rebate amount cannot exceed 25% of the total price as indicated on the purchase or lease agreement. If the vehicle was leased, the rebate amount cannot exceed 25% of the total of payments for the new vehicle. The total of payments is the amount you will have paid by the end of the lease term and can include, but is not limited to, the following: the value of a trade-in vehicle, tax credits, non-cash credits, down payment, etc. The District will ensure the final amount provided does not exceed the 25% limit.
NOTE: The name and address of the applicant must match and be consistent on all forms and documentation. Additional names on the purchase or lease agreement, insurance, registration and proof of residency are acceptable.