- Thresholds of Significance
- Screening Tools
- CEQA Notices
You can add your name to the District's CEQA Mailing List to receive updates and additional information.
District staff is available to discuss CEQA questions. You can reach District staff in one of the following ways:
Visit our Central Regional Office at:
1990 E Gettysburg Ave
Fresno, CA 93726-0244
Phone, Fax or Email:
Phone: (559) 230-6000
FAX: (559) 230-6064
New California Emissions Estimator Model (CalEEMod)
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District is transitioning to the use of the California Emissions Estimator Model (CalEEMod) when reviewing or preparing air impact assessments in compliance with provisions of District Rule 9510 (Indirect Source Review), California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), within the San Joaquin Valley air basin. CalEEMod is the newest computer emissions estimating model developed by the California Air Pollution Control Officers Association (CAPCOA). The model calculates criteria pollutant and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from a variety of land uses, including residential, commercial, retail, and industrial projects. CalEEMod also calculates the benefits of implementing mitigation measures, including GHG mitigation measures.
The District's Transition Schedule to CalEEMod
Environmental Documents prepared for CEQA and NEPA
- Before July 1st, 2012, for projects where the Lead Agency has released the draft environmental document for public review, the District will accept the use of any appropriate model, including CalEEMod, to perform the Air Quality Impact Analysis.
- On or after July 1st, 2012, for projects where the Lead Agency has not released the draft environmental document for public review, the District recommends the use of CalEEMod to perform the Air Quality Impact Analysis.
The District recognizes that CEQA can involve long lead times, and if Lead Agencies are acting on projects with significant modeling already completed before the July 1st, 2012 deadline, please contact the District at (559) 230-6000 for project-specific discussions.
District Rule 9510 (Indirect Source Review)
- Air Impact Assessments deemed "Complete"ť before July 1st, 2012 will be analyzed using URBEMIS 2007. During this period, submitted applications that used CalEEmod will be reanalyzed by the District using URBEMIS 2007.
- All Air Impact Assessments deemed "Complete"ť on or after July 1st, 2012 must be analyzed using CalEEMod.
For more information on CalEEMod, please visit www.caleemod.com